While some people may be preparing for Halloween and the rest are eager to set up their Christmas trees, we are still enduring the heat here in Dubai. And what’s a better treat after a long day of work or school than a delicious no-churn vanilla ice cream with a luscious caramel swirl.
View this post on Instagram
For the caramel sauce:
1 cup of sugar
6 tbsp butter, chilled
½ cup of whipping cream
For the ice cream:
2 cups of whipping cream
1 can of sweetened, condensed milk (370gm)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Start with the caramel to give it time to cool.
- Put a heavy sauce pan on the stove on medium heat.
- Add a cup of sugar and don’t stir until you see the color changing into amber on the edges.
- When all the sugar is melted and reaches an even amber color, add the butter to it and mix. The mix will effervesce; keep mixing until the butter is fully incorporated.
- Add the cream to the mixture and be careful as the mixture will rise. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes then remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 cups of cream and beat with an electric mixer until it’s doubled in volume and is thicker.
- Add the vanilla extract and the can of sweetened, condensed milk to the cream and keep beating until peaks form.
- In a loaf pan, start layering the ice cream and the caramel alternately. Then using a skewer, start creating a swirl by making 8-like figures in the ice cream. You will use approximately 2/3 of the caramel sauce at this point
- Freeze for 8 hours or oven night
- Serve with the left-over caramel sauce
- When the caramel is completely cooled down, you may add a tsp of vanilla extract (optional) and some sea salt flakes of you wish.
- Left-over caramel sauce can be kept in the fridge and warmed up in the microwave before serving.
31 comments for “No-churn vanilla ice cream with caramel swirl”